Because there are many types and types of stepper motors drivers, users should pay attention to the selection, so that they can choose the products they need with the best performance and the lowest price.
Selection principles (for reference only):
1. Firstly, the torque required by the stepper motor to drive the load is determined.
The simplest method is to add a lever on the load axis and pull the lever with a spring balance. The pulling force multiplied by the length of the arm is the load moment. Or it can be calculated theoretically according to the load characteristics.
Because the stepper motor is a control motor, the maximum torque of the commonly used stepper motor Driver is not more than 45Nm. The greater the torque, the higher the cost. If the motor torque you choose is larger or more than this range, you can consider the acceleration and deceleration device.
2. Determine the maximum operating speed of stepper motor.
Speed index is very important in the selection of stepper motor. The characteristics of stepper motor are that with the increase of motor speed, the torque decreases. The speed of the decline is related to many parameters, such as driving voltage of driver, phase current of motor, inductance of motor, size of motor, etc. The general rule is that the higher the driving voltage is, the higher the driving voltage is. The larger the phase current of the motor is, the slower the torque decreases. In the design of the scheme, the speed of the motor should be controlled within 600 or 800 rpm. Of course, this is not standard. It can be referred to "Torque-Frequency Characteristics".
3. According to the two important indexes of the maximum load moment and the maximum speed, and referring to the "moment-frequency characteristics", we can choose a suitable stepper motor Driver for ourselves.
If you think the motor you choose is too big, you can consider the acceleration and deceleration device, which can save costs, but also make your design more flexible. In order to select a proper deceleration ratio, the relationship between moment and speed should be considered comprehensively, and the best scheme should be selected.
4. Finally, we should consider leaving some (such as 50%) moment margin and rotational speed margin.
5. Hybrid stepper motor can be selected first. If the price is a factor, reactive stepper motor can be selected.